ArborXR device management platform stopping "50 Free plan"

Has anyone else used ArborXR with the “50 headsets free” plan? We have been using this for the last two years and received a message from them this week that they are going to discontinue this plan…

They’re offering me an academic discount which amounts to roughly $50/headset/year.
ManageXR is offering $96/headset/year with some added benefits over Arbor’s functionality.

Any good suggestions out there? What is everyone using?

1 like

Hmm, that’s a bummer. According to https://arborxr.com/pricing/ the cheapest Education pricing with 42% discount requires you to manage at least 15 headsets for that price?

I know the XR Zone folks at TU Delft where planning to support mobile devices in their management platform at some point, but I suspect that will still take some time to get there. Perhaps @Jeroen_Boots has more insights?

Yes that is right! This is one of the projects we would like to do, but haven’t started yet. There are some talks going on about doing this, but nothing definitive… If we do have some plans we will ofcourse share and see who would like to join/use!

Is there anything that others could aid in or contribute to speed up such plans (letter of support, donation, in-kind contribution, etc)?